|Sorry that it is so blurry! It was night-time! No natural light.|
(aka the BEST and easiest appetizer!)
Blogging this recipe mainly because I haven't posted a recipe in a few days.
We could all use a fun idea for a dinner party every now and then right?
I made this baked brie as my friend-dinner Easter appetizer. I also made a dessert - carrot cake/cheesecake bars. They didn't turn out that well. I think I made the recipe a bit wrong. Um. Oops.
Oh well, this brie MORE than made up for it.
|Ashleigh, Kels, Me, Amanda S., & Amanda B.|
Since none of us could go home for Easter (THANKS A LOT FSU FINAL EXAM SCHEDULE) we all decided to get together and make dinner as a family. Ashleigh brought her homemade honey-baked ham and rolls, Amanda S. brought scalloped potatoes, Kelsey brought green bean casserole, and Amanda B. brought cupcakes and jellybeans. The boyfriends brought their charming personalities and appetites. ;)
This appetizer is incredibly easy to make and a sure bet to impress your guests.
Brie can get a little pricey in your local supermarket, but if you have a membership to a store like Sam's or Costco, then take advantage of their wheel of brie savings!
|I served mine with grapes, apples, and Italian bread. Yum.|
Crescent-Wrapped Baked Brie with Preserves
- One crescent roll tube.
- 1 wheel of Brie, brought to room temperature. (Keep the casing on. It is edible and makes baking the cheese easier.)
- 4 tbsp preserves (I used cherry)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cover baking tray/sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and coat evenly with Pam.
3. Place Brie on tray and start spooning preserves on the top.
4. Once completed, begin to cover Brie with the crescent rolls. They will separate, but just pinch the dough together to fill in most of the gaps on the cheese. Tuck remaining crescent section under Brie and place back on tray.
5. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl and brush it over the crescent roll.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown.
7. Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before cutting into it.
8. Serve with Golden Delicious apples, grapes, crackers, and a sliced baguette.