It has been H-O-T here lately with humidity levels at around 70%. Can't do it.
Fall, where are you? I need the cooler weather, comfy scarves, sweaters, & leggings, and of course my adorable boots. Like the rest of the blogging world, I am about done and done with summer.
One thing that can really help me get through a scorching summer day is a chilly & healthy smoothie.
Especially a smoothie that tastes like a milkshake.
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tbsp Smart Balance peanut butter
- 1/2 small ripe banana
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 4 ice cubes
- cinnamon, to taste
- Process all ingredients in a blender. Pour into a chilled glass & enjoy. I like to sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon on top. It is what I always do when I make pb&banana toast. :)
- **If you can, chop up the banana the night before, put into a container, and freeze. You can add it to the smoothie in the morning and avoid watering it down with ice. I did not think to do this at the time & my smoothie was already pretty thick and creamy.**
- If you are like me.... pour smoothie back into blender once spotting Nutella sitting in the pantry. Add a spoonful, mix up again, and ENJOY!
Look at how frothy & delicious.
Sinful tasting... healthy reality.
My kinda drink.