Oh yeah, these also are made using whole wheat flour and oatmeal, and are naturally sweetened with mashed bananas and honey. nomzzzzz.
PS. Sorry for the really awful picture! It has been raining almost non-stop all day. Of course this happens on my ONE day off for the next 6 days. Wooooo! Luckily, today met all of the requirements of my ideal rainy day. As in: wear PJs all day, read my Kindle, drink hot tea, and cook/bake.
These muffins are perfectly sweet without adding actual sugar granules. Make these ASAP before all of our delectable peaches and nectarines go out of season.
Whole Wheat Vegan Peach & Nectarine Muffins:
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat (or whole wheat or spelt) flour
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 lb peaches & nectarines, sliced 1/4" thick & then cut into thirds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350* F.
- Whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. In another bowl blend together the honey, oil, and mashed bananas.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and combine. Gently fold in peaches & nectarines. Stir only until combined.
- Fill greased muffin tins with batter. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm.
Look at alll thhhee fruuiiit.
PPS. Sorry for the lack of an actual post. I am having blogging block (as evidenced by my disappearance for a few days.) Enjoy these muffins & I will be back before you know it!