This is a fun link-up to help y'all get to know the girl behind the blog a little bit better. :)
1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I have been blogging since April 2010. In typical college student fashion, I started this blog while delirious at the library during finals week. Oops! I originally started blogging because I enjoyed reading lots of different food blogs. I wanted a place to record which recipes I whipped up in my college kitchen. I also wanted a digital scrapbook. :) My blog has changed in the way I present recipes. I have added lots more personal anecdotes and stories lately! I also have been blogging about a wider range of subjects.
2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
I just graduated from Florida State University in April 2012. I now have a bachelor's degree in psychology with minors in family & child sciences and criminology. Of course... now I want to go into elementary education... so off to grad school it is for me!
3. Where have you traveled?
Whew. Lots of places! US: I have been to lots of places in FL (obviously), GA, AL, LA, MS, NY, RI, IL, CA, AZ, CO, NV, OR, WA, and AK. Outside of the US? Bahamas, Canada, the UK, France, and Italy. Moving to Spain in 4 months though.... I'll be adding lots more to my Europe list then. :)
4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
Hmm... honestly? Probably clothes & housewares. Next would be plane tickets for my parents and I to go somewhere we have never been before.
5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
Blaringly obvious grammatical errors - your & you're. to & too. there & their. etc. Rude and ignorant people. (I'm looking at you news article commenters.) The last would be people who blatantly ignore social norms. ie. those fun people in public places who scream into their phones about inappropriate topics.
6. What is your favorite movie?
One of my campers at work asks me this all of the time. I never have a good answer for her and I don't have one now.
7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
Alcoholic beverages? Wine is my top choice. I love a cold beer every now and then. I hate liquor unless it is in a margarita. As for the nonalcoholic beverages? Water!
8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
Read my kindle. I have read 4 books in the month of July alone. Become my friend on Goodreads if you have an account. I am always looking for new book recs. :)
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
If I could spend that much money at one store it would probably be Target. I love their decor & fashion items, and always love a good deal.
10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
Hmm.. well. One day I was walking on campus with one of my sorority sisters through the student union. (AKA the busiest little area ever.) I completely tripped over absolutely nothing and fell on my face. A kind, kind boy walking by ran over to me, helped me up, and asked me if I was okay. Meanwhile, a group of fraternity boys that were tabling in the union at the time literally pointed and laughed. Hmph.
11. What day would you love to relive again?
One day? That is a hard one. I would love to relive my spring break week junior year of college. I went to the keys with my (now) boyfriend, one of my best friends, and her boyfriend. We went out on Ben's boat, went fishing & snorkeling, went to the beach, cooked fresh lobster & fish Ben caught, and had an all-around relaxing and wonderful time.
12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
I really have no idea!
13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
I love how I am still considered to be in the early years. My first job was a bagger at Publix. I was 15. Then I was a hostess at a restaurant. Next was "floor model" at Hollister. After that I worked at a law firm. My job during my senior year of college was as an after school teacher for kindergartners. I am currently a summer camp counselor for the same elementary school.
14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
Amanda, Amanda, Kels, & I took this picture outside of our sorority house when we were taking all of our graduation pictures around campus. Phi Mu HQ somehow saw it and ended up putting it up on the website to use as one of their cover photos. Pretty cool. :)
15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
I really want to go to China. I am half Chinese and my grandparents grew up there before they moved to the US.
16. Show us the most current picture of you or you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you.
My parents & I the night of my graduation from FSU!
17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
I will hopefully be in my first year as an elementary school teacher.
This was such a fun link-up. If you'd like to join, head on over to From Mrs. to Mama!