Y'all. These are so easy & delicious.
And incredibly healthy.
No flour. No oil.
Plus, you are getting 5 grams of protein per waffle.
Makes 8 waffles.
- 1 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1 cup fat free vanilla greek yogurt*
- 6 egg whites or 1 cup of the liquid egg whites
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder**
- 1 TB vanilla extract
- 1/2 - 1 TB cinnamon to taste
*Original recipe called for cottage cheese. Y'all know my stance on that stuff though. I didn't have any in my fridge, so I just went with my trusted vanilla chobani greek yogurt & they turned out just fine!
**The original poster noted you can completely omit the protein powder and they will still turn out fine. I did not try this though, so do at your own discretion.
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Let batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Cook on waffle iron as you normally would. You can also make these into pancakes!
- Top with whatever you'd like.
I topped my waffle with some smart balance peanut butter and a drizzle of agave.
The best part about these waffles is that you can make them on a lazy Sunday morning, freeze the leftovers, and then have a quick, hearty, and healthy breakfast on those weekday mornings that you just don't have time. It is as easy as taking one out of the freezer & popping it in the toaster.
PS. I accepted my spot in the TtMadrid January course yesterday.
Officially moving to Spain first thing in 2013! :)