These were not planned.
My roommate and I were sitting on our couch watching America's Got Talent last night, laughing at all of the crazy auditions.
Side note - did y'all watch? Did you see the dancing dogs?!
If you didn't... you need to. Click here for the Youtube video!! They are adorable!
Now back to the cookies.
We started to CRAVE cookies out of nowhere. I searched Pinterest, but had no interest in baking cookies that were going to take a million years to mix up, assemble, and bake.
Enter cake mix cookies.
I know you have had the cakey cookies from Walmart. You know, that ones smothered in frosting? I used to be a sucker for those cookies back in the day. They are almost TOO sweet now (who has ever heard of such a thing?!). These cookies are the grown up versions of the Walmart cookies... although I have a suspicion that kids will LOVE them too.
These cookies literally took me 10 minutes to mix up and assemble, and ten minutes to bake.
Not to mention there are only five ingredients in this recipe.
I can see lots more of these cookies in my future.
I happened to have a box of Funfetti cake mix in my pantry.
I can only imagine how delicious these would be with a red velvet cake mix.
Funfetti Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Recipe adapted from: Stephanie Cooks
- 1 (18.25 oz.) funfetti box cake mix
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I did half semisweet and half white chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cake mix and baking powder. Add eggs and oil, then mix until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips, or your choice of additions. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
PS. I'm still looking to exchange more blog buttons!
Email me if you are interested.