What is it with me and cheesecake?
Every time I see a recipe for it all I want to do is run out to the store and buy cream cheese.
I think I might need to go to pumpkin rehab soon.
Yes, those are indeed pumpkin spice hershey's kisses and pumpkin candy corn on the plate with those cheesecake squares - pumpkin cheesecake squares.
I really have no words to describe how delicious they are.
I can't wait to make these for Thanksgiving!
Recipe by Jenna from Eat, Live, Run.
for the cheesecake:
- 1 15-oz can pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 lbs cream cheese, at room temperature (2 1/2 8oz boxes)
for graham cracker crust:
- 18 graham crackers (2 sleeves)
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
*whipped cream to top - I used the whipped cream from the can. Oh so easy.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl crush graham crackers with your hands. Add sugar and butter and mix well. Press graham cracker crumbs onto a lined (parchment paper or silpat) jelly roll pan. Bake for 5 minutes until toasty. Remove and reduce oven temperature to 325.
- Mix together the pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, cream and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In the bowl of a KitchenAid, beat together the cream cheese, granulated sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and ginger. Beat until light and fluffy then slowly pour in pumpkin mixture. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and no lumps remain.
- Pour batter onto baked crust and bake for 50 minutes until edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Let cool completely before cutting into small squares and topping with whipped cream.
Don't be surprised if you get lots of requests from friends to come over after you make these.