Meet my new favorite breakfast.
The oatmeal is naturally sweetened with peanut butter, a slightly caramelized banana, some delicious fall spices, and vanilla extract. Chia seeds thicken the oatmeal and make this morning treat even more filling and nutritious. You should enjoy this sitting on your porch or patio with a cup of coffee like I did this morning. Bonus points for bringing your Kindle along.
PB & Banana Oatmeal:
Recipe by Oh She Glows
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled & roughly chopped. (I used a frozen banana - let thaw for a few minutes if you do!)
- 1 tsp butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 - 1 tsp chia seeds (or ground flax)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- toppings: anything your heart desires! I sprinkled sliced almonds and granola, and drizzled honey on mine.
*Make it easier to make in the morning by combining oats, spices, salt, and chia seeds in a bowl the night before.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, cook banana in the butter or oil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in 1/2 tbsp peanut butter, and then add oats, chia, spices, a pinch of salt, and milk. Whisk well until combined.
- Bring to a low boil and then reduce heat to a simmer, stirring often for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Scoop into bowl, add toppings, and enjoy!
Other breakfast recipes from around the web that I am craving:
- Pumpkin Chai Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins
- Baked Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal... To-Go
- Whole Wheat Coconut French Toast
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes
What is your favorite breakfast?