Here's what you'll need...
Yes, that Riesling poured in a monogrammed bedazzled wine glass is absolutely essential to baking these.
I know you can see that clock.
It was only 4:25 PM when this all went down.
I mean, when you have just scrubbed an entire apartment clean all by yourself, it is totally normal to want to pour yourself a glass of wine, blare some Honey Bee Pandora Radio (with a little Barefoot Blue Jean Night mixed in), and make some magical, puffy, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
Am I right, or am I right?
|Getting ready for my new roomies to move in! It looks so empty. :(|
I found this recipe on one of my absolute FAVORITE blogs, How Sweet It Is. Jessica is hilarious. Way funnier than me. If you need some comedic relief you really need to head on over to her blog.
I was going to make some pumpkin nutella swirl bread. I told myself to be practical though. Who wants to eat pumpkin bread in the middle of summer?! (Okay... I do, I do!) BUT. I knew I was going to have to pawn these off on people so I didn't eat all of them on my own.
Who could turn down puffy. peanut butter. chocolate chip. cookies. ?!? Not you, I bet.
|Amazing cookie dough ball.|
I wanted to eat the cookies just from this ball.
I refrained. Barely.
Complete recipe credit to How Sweet It Is
All photos are my own!
I was able to make 24 cookies, but if you have bigger cookie sheets then it may differ for you!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 8 tablespoons of salted butter, melted and cooled
- 6 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter, melted and cooled (I used reduced-fat. That means they are healthy... right?!)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I used some mini chocolate chips and some jumbo chocolate chips. Apparently my grocery store doesn't sell NORMAL chocolate chips. I'm really loving the jumbo chocolate chips in these cookies though. INSTANT deliciousness as soon as you bite in.)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Add butter and peanut butter to a microwave safe bowl, and heat in 30 second increments until melted. Let cool completely.
***Recommendations before you pre-heat your oven! Get the peanut butter & butter melted and take the eggs out of your refrigerator. Go about your business (aka, pour yourself a glass of wine) and then come back and preheat the oven once butter mixture is cooled and eggs are at room temperature. It takes longer than you would think.***
- Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside. In another bowl, mix the cooled butter/peanut butter and sugars until they are combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and stir until mixed. Gradually add flour and mix until dough forms – it will look crumbly at first, but it will come together. I even used my hands to bring it all together. If necessary, add 1-2 teaspoons of milk, but I did not need this. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into a ball the size of a golfball. Place on a baking sheet two inches apart and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown. The centers should be soft and puffy. Do not over bake.
*** I had to bake my cookies for 14 minutes. You don't want to overbake, but mine were still doughy looking at 12 minutes.***
|Right when they went in the oven.|
|At 12 minutes - still kind of doughy looking.|
|Right after I pulled them out of the oven.|
- Let cool completely then dig in!
|Puffy, chewy, peanut buttery, chocolaty deliciousness|
Who wants some cookies?
|See that jumbo chocolate melt? Perfection.|
Enjoy your cookies!
And wine. :)
PS. You would look so adorable baking these in the apron I'm giving away!
Don't forget to enter! The giveaway closes this Saturday at 11:59 PM!