Sometimes you just really need a cupcake and a cookie.
These bad boys came to be after getting home from sushi night while watching Bridesmaids with my roomie.
Girls night much!?
I am not even going to take credit for these beautiful cupcakes whatsoever. All I did was smoosh some cookie dough down into the cupcake liners before my roommate poured some of her homemade batter into them. I also let her frost. She is the cupcake master!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bottomed Vanilla Cupcakes:
Recipe by: How Sweet It Is
Cookie Layer Ingredients:
- One tub of refrigerated cookie dough - we cheated. :)
- If you want to make some homemade dough check out Jessica's recipe.
Cookie Layer Directions:
1. Line a muffin tin with liners and give each a quick spritz of non-stick spray. Using a spoon also sprayed with non-stick spray, press about 1 1/2 tablespoons of cookie dough into the bottom of each liner.
Cake Layer Ingredients:- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
Cake Layer Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Add half of the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Add the milk. Once mixed, add remaining dry ingredients. Using an ice cream scoop, drop batter on top of cookie dough mixture. Bake cupcakes at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
4. After letting cool completely, frost your cupcakes with this frosting recipe. The best way to frost cupcakes without a piping bag is to scoop all of your frosting into a ziploc bag. Zip bag up tight, pushing out all air. Next, cut a small area of the bottom corner of the bag. Pipe your frosting beautifully! :)
Go into sweets coma forever.