I have less than a month until I hop on a jet plane to Spain until December 2013.
I have never lived in a city larger than Tampa, FL... and now I'm moving here:
I am getting this super crazy feeling of being EXTREMELY EXCITED, but incredibly anxious at the same time. I know that everything will be more than fine. My friend and I are going to fall in love with the city & travel our hearts out.
New language. New city. New year.
Things I'm nervous about:
- Lack of peanut butter. Baha. This is such a minor thing... but such a huge part of my diet. Accepting orders shipped to me over there now. :)
- I've been told by multiple people not to expect too many veggies in my diet over there. But.... I LOVE VEGGIES.
- (can we please point out that these are all food related so far? I am such a diva.)
- Packing for 4 seasons in two suitcases. Wah. Wah. Wah.
- Limited contact with family, friends, and boyfriend. I'll be 6-7 hours ahead of them! Crazy.
- This whole apartment search. We just want a nicely furnished, two bedroom, one bath in a nice part of town. IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK FOR?!?! (once again, diva status.) ;)
- That whole... foreign language thing.
Things I'm incredibly excited for:
- Exploring the culture. Flamenco. Jamon. Tapas. Espanol. Museums. Markets. Bring. It. On.
- TRAVELING EVERYWHERE. I obviously want to go to surrounding cultures, but my main priority is to get to know Spain the best I can.
- [hopefully] having the opportunity to teach Spanish kids at an academy.
- The Metro. I am so tired of driving at this point in my life. People are craaaaazy.
- Learning Spanish. [please oh, please let me be fluent when I come back].
- Meeting people from around the world.
- The plans I have already started to make to see my college roomie Rima [who is living in London now], in London, Madrid, & umm.... Belgium?! Hello Tomorrowland 2013!
- so. much. more.
And since I've been a bad blogger... here are some pictures from recently.
Matching shoes with my cousin!
Phi Mu love with my Aunt!
Thanksgiving with these cutie pies.
Thanksgiving break tradition with my high school girrrrrrrls.
Work Christmas party. Dressed almost identically to Hanna. Oops!
Have any of you studied/lived abroad before? Any tips?